Here is a comprehensive tutorial to root Honor 6X within few minutes. I will show you how it is easy to unlock the bootloader on this smartphone. We will flash TWRP custom recovery then SuperSU to complete the rooting process.
Rooting Honor 6X will open a new world of customization. You can install custom ROMs and do a lot of other things that were impossible before rooting. For instance, you can remove unnecessary applications that you don’t use.
Want to enjoy benefits you will get after you root Honor 6X? Follow the given below guide and you have a rooted Honor 6X at the end of this guide.
You will not be to claim warranty after rooting your Honor 6X smartphone. I will not be liable if anything wrong happens. So think well before you start this tutorial.
- Charge your Honor 6X over 80%.
- Create a backup of all important files.
- Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging from Developer Options. To enable Developer Options, go to Settings and open About Phone option. Here click Version 7 times and Developer Options will be enabled.
- Download Universal ADB Driver and install it on your computer.
- Download ADB Files. Unzip the downloaded file and you will have ADB Folder.
- Download twrp.img file. Rename the file if it has some different name.
- Download SuperSU.zip file and move it to the internal storage of your device.
Unlock Bootloader Of Honor 6X
- Write down the serial and IMEI numbers of your Honor 6X smartphone.
- Get the ID by typing *#*#1357946#*#* in Dialer app.
- Visit Huawei Unlock Website. Create an account and register here.
- Click on the Download and select Unlock Bootloader option.
- Click on Agree.
- Fill the boxes of form with relevant information.
- After filling the form, select Commit option.
- You will get an unlock code, save it.
- Connect your Honor 6X to the computer by using a USB cable.
- Open ADB Folder, hold Shift Key and Right Click in the folder, then select Open Command Windows Here option.
- In command prompt window, write following command (without commas) and press Enter.
- Now give the following command to take your smartphone to bootloader or fastboot mode.
“adb reboot bootloader”
- Now write the following command. Give your unlock code where xxxxx mentioned.
“fastboot oem unlock xxxxx”
- Follow the instructions on your computer screen.
- Disconnect your smartphone from the computer and switch on it.
You have unlocked the bootloader of your smartphone. It is the time to flash the most popular custom recovery TWRP. Let’s start it.
Flash TWRP On Honor 6X In Five Easy Steps
- Connect your Honor 6X to the computer via USB cable.
- Open the ADB command prompt window as you opened in step 10 of unlocking bootloader.
- Write the following command (without commas) and press the Enter button.
“adb reboot bootloader”
- To flash TWRP, write the following command then press Enter.
“fastboot flash recovery twrp.img”
- Once done, give the following command and boot your Honor 6X into TWRP mode.
“fastboot boot twrp.img”
Flash SuperSU to Root Honor 6X
- In TWRP recovery mode, select the Install option.
- Browse the SuperSU.zip that you had transferred to the smartphone.
- Let the process complete.
- After finishing the installation, select Reboot option.
Hurrah! You have successfully completed the rooting tutorial. You have a rooted Honor 6X in your hands. Want to confirm whether it is rooted or not? Go to play store and try any Root Checker App.