Want to root Xiaomi Redmi 4A? If Yes then continue reading and you will end up with a rooted device by following the instructions of my comprehensive tutorial. I will tell you how to unlock the bootloader, install TWRP Custom Recovery and SuperSU in few easy steps.
About Xiaomi Redmi 4A
Xiaomi Redmi 4A is named among the good quality Android smartphones. It has a 5-inches touchscreen display and runs on Android 6.0.1 operating system. It is powered by a 1.4GHz Quad-core processor and 2 GB RAM.
After rooting your Xiaomi Redmi 4A, you can install Custom ROM firmware, Custom Recovery Projects and many other Android Apps that you cannot use before. Sounds amazing? Let’s move forward to the rooting tutorial.
Get Everything Ready
- Before you start this rooting tutorial, you need to meet the following conditions.
- Rooting can take some time so there must be enough battery power.
- This rooting process requires a Windows computer or laptop.
- Download Mi Unlock Tool to unlock the bootloader of your smartphone.
- Now download ADB Fastboot Tool.
- Get TWRP Recovery on your phone.
- Get SuperSU APK file.
Have you successfully met above conditions? It is the time to start rooting procedure on your smartphone.
Root Xiaomi Redmi 4A in Three Easy Steps
As I mentioned above, we are going to root Xiaomi Redmi 4A by installing TWRP Recovery. It would be installed only when you have unlocked the bootloader of your smartphone. After installing TWRP Recovery, we will flash SuperSU to complete the rooting procedure. This process will not take more than few minutes.
Tutorial To Root Xiaomi Redmi 4A
Step 1) Unlock Bootloader
Let’s start the tutorial by unlocking the bootloader on your smartphone.
- Visit the official website of MiUnlock.
- Create an account by providing all required information.
- Sign in at your smartphone by using the same account.
- Open Mi Unlock Tool you downloaded earlier.
- Unzip Unlocking Tool and find MiFlashUnlock.exe file. Right click on it and select “Run As Administrator” option.
- Run Mi Unlock Tool and sign in by using your Mi account.
- This tool will confirm whether you have been granted permission to root your Xiaomi Redmi 4A or not.
- Switch off your smartphone and connect it to the computer.
- Click on the “Unlock” button and bootloader will be unlocked on your smartphone.
Step 2) Install TWRP Custom Recovery
After unlocking the bootloader, you can install TWRP Custom Recovery on your smartphone. Let’s do it.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Option in Settings. If you don’t see Developer Option then go to About Device and click Build Number for 7 times.
- Open ADB Fastboot folder, you downloaded before, and look for the file command.bat and run it with administrative privilege.
- Now you will see a command prompt on the screen. You need to enter some commands to complete the installation process of TWRP on your smartphone.
Enter following commands:
- “adb devices”
- “adb reboot bootloader”
- “fastboot flash recovery”
Make sure you enter these commands without commas.
After entering above commands, you will have a smartphone with TWRP Recovery installed. Your smartphone is ready to root, install custom ROMs, and many other Android Apps.
We are just one step away from completing the rooting procedure. Let’s root your smartphone in next couple of minutes.
Step 3) Flash SuperSU
- Move the downloaded SuperSU zip file to your smartphone.
- Power off and restart smartphone in recovery mode by pressing Volume Up and Power buttons at the same time.
- Press Install and select SuperSU zip file you just transferred in your smartphone.
- Wait and let the installation process complete.
Restart your smartphone after the successful installation of SuperSU. Congratulations! You have successfully rooted your Xiaomi Redmi 4A. You can use any Root Checker App to confirm the root status.